Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Line 'em Up

Yo yo yo what up homies? I know it’s been some time since my last update, but things have been getting pretty hairy (figuratively, not literally) for me in recent months.

Not to worry though, the hairiness is under control, and I'm back with a list of cool movie lines. Check em out.

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

Darth Vader: No. I am your father.

Luke Skywalker: Nooooooooooo!

An all time classic, who doesn’t know this one? I often repeat this with wild abandon. With the emphasis on Luke’s wimpy “Nooooooooo!”. Not many people appreciate it though.

Terminator

The Terminator: I’ll be back.

The ultimate badass line. By the way, he did come back. In a truck.

Bridget Jones’s Diary

Mark Darcy: I like you, very much. Just as you are.

I watched an Oprah special (uh… it was the only thing on tv) and apparently this line will just kill any girl you say it to. Fun fact: without even watching the film, I said the exact same line to a girl once, with complete honesty. Did it work? Well as of now, I’m alone in my room, typing this. What do you think?

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

Dr. Evil: Why make a trillion when we could make... billions?

Scott: A trillion's more than a billion, numbnuts.

The sheer brilliance of the above lines says it all.

Troy

Achilles: Is there no one else? Is there no one else!?

It’s not a great line, but the advertising for the movie kept repeating it until I went partially insane. Also, the fact that anonymous people on the street kept saying it did NOT help. Brad Pitt looked ripped in the movie though, props to Brad.

Goodfellas

Tommy DeVito: How am I funny, like a clown? What is so funny about me? What the FUCK is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny.

This line was delivered so well that you could actually feel the tension emanating from the screen. Too bad Scorcese’s movies of late haven’t matched his earlier work.

Ok so that's it for now, if you have any cool movie lines of your own that you feel I left out, post them in the comments section or the tagboard.

Until next time, peace out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home